What I’ve done today:
- Said farewell to my MIL as she headed back to her home in Port Townsend, WA.
- Stocked the larder with lots of groceries (went with Husband and Claire, and she was so fascinated by everything).
- Made a pasta dinner and a salad.
- Washed seven loads of laundry and possibly broke the dryer.
- Vacuumed the living room floor after shaking a can of parmesan cheese that wasn’t completely closed.
- Begun simmering a ham and bean soup.
- Took a shower.
- Played with Claire.
- Washed dishes.
- Helped give Claire a bath.
- Called one of my sisters and my mother.
- Paid bills.
What I’m doing now:
- Waiting for the soup to finish.
- Resting my aching feet on the coffee table.
- Listening to the dryer, hoping I didn’t burn out the heater.
- Enjoying silence.
- Looking forward to sleep and to brunch tomorrow with friends.
- Heading to bed in the next hour.
What I’ll do tomorrow:
- Get up when Claire does and take care of her.
- Enjoy brunch.
- Start using the good towels (metaphorically speaking).
Happy new year to all!