* Couldn’t finish the book.
** Read the book but did a lot of skipping or scanning. Won’t add the book to my permanent collection. Won’t search out other books by the author.
*** Enjoyable read. If nonfiction, will keep the book but won’t purchase if borrowed. If fiction won’t keep the book, won’t purchase if borrowed. Receptive to other works if they are recommended.
**** Liked the book a lot. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase if borrowed. If fiction, will keep the book but not purchase if borrowed. Will look for other works by the same author.
***** One of my all time favorites. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. If fiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. Will actively search out other works by the same author.
- Hanna’s Daughters***
- Midnight Champagne***
- Tapestry of Fortunes***
- The Dive from Clausen’s Pier***
- The Man from Beijing***
- The Painted Drum****
- The Shack*****
- White Oleander***
- Becoming Attached: First Relationships and How They Shape Our Capacity to Love*****
- Encounter With Silence: Reflections from the Quaker Tradition*****
- Faith and Practice*****
- Far From the Tree: Parents, Children, and the Search for Identity*****
- Living Buddha, Living Christ**
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting*****
- Rediscover Catholicism: A Spiritual Guide to Living with Passion & Purpose*
- Singing for Mrs. Pettigrew*
- The Barn at the End of the World: The Apprenticeship of a Quaker, Buddhist Shepherd*****
- The Forgiving Self: The Road from Resentment to Connection*****
- The Muslim Next Door: The Qur’an, the Media, and That Veil Thing***
- The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression*****
- The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore***
- The Year of Magical Thinking***
- Your Turn for Care: Surviving the Aging and Death of the Adults Who Harmed You****