* Didn’t finish the book, skipped to the end, or hated it.
** Read the book but did a lot of skipping or scanning. Won’t add the book to my permanent collection. Won’t search out other books by the author.
*** Enjoyable read. If nonfiction, will keep the book but won’t purchase if borrowed. If fiction won’t keep the book, won’t purchase if borrowed. Receptive to other works if they are recommended.
**** Liked the book a lot. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase if borrowed. If fiction, will keep the book but not purchase if borrowed. Will look for other works by the same author.
***** One of my all time favorites. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. If fiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. Will actively search out other works by the same author.
- All the Living***
- A Tale for the Time Being*****
- A Year of Pleasures***
- Circling the Sun***
- Delicate Edible Birds****
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close***
- Joy School***
- Open House****
- Parable of the Sower***
- Range of Motion***
- Sons and Daughters of Ease and Plenty***
- The Art of Mending*****
- The Buddha in the Attic***
- The Invoice***
- The Nest****
- The Silent Sister***
- The Small Backs of Children**
- Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying***
- For You Mom, Finally***
- Let’s Talk About Death: Asking the Questions that Profoundly Change the Way We Live and Die****
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist’s Journey****
- On Living*****
- The Mother’s Songs: Images of God the Mother*****