Books Read: 2012
* Couldn’t finish the book.
** Read the book but did a lot of skipping or scanning. Won’t add the book to my permanent collection. Won’t search out other books by the author.
*** Enjoyable read. If nonfiction, will keep the book but won’t purchase if borrowed. If fiction won’t keep the book, won’t purchase if borrowed. Receptive to other works if they are recommended.
**** Liked the book a lot. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase if borrowed. If fiction, will keep the book but not purchase if borrowed. Will look for other works by the same author.
***** One of my all time favorites. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. If fiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. Will actively search out other works by the same author.
- All Over Creation***
- A Reliable Wife***
- Arthur & George***
- Dog On It***
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet***
- House of Sand and Fog***
- Light on Snow***
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand***
- Say You’re One of Them**
- Sing You Home***
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan***
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics***
- The Birth of Venus***
- The Bridal Wreath*
- The Hour I First Believed****
- The Pilot’s Wife***
- The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn***
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle***
- Fleeing Fundamentalism: A Minister’s Wife Examines Faith*
- Getting Real: Ten Truth Skills for Leading an Authentic Life*****
- Packing For Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void*****
- Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic*****
- Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child : Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries*****
- Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife*****
- The Challenging Child: Understanding, Raising, and Enjoying the Five “Difficult” Types of Children*****
- The Highly Sensitive Child: Helping Our Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them*****
- The Highly Sensitive Person*****
- The Narcissistic Family: Diagnosis and Treatment*****
- Waiting for Birdy: A Year of Frantic Tedium, Neurotic Angst, and the Wild Magic of Growing a Family*****