Books Read: 2009
* Couldn’t finish the book.
** Read the book but did a lot of skipping or scanning. Won’t add the book to my permanent collection. Won’t search out other books by the author.
*** Enjoyable read. If nonfiction, will keep the book but won’t purchase if borrowed. If fiction won’t keep the book, won’t purchase if borrowed. Receptive to other works if they are recommended.
**** Liked the book a lot. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase if borrowed. If fiction, will keep the book but not purchase if borrowed. Will look for other works by the same author.
***** One of my all time favorites. If nonfiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. If fiction, will keep or purchase to add to my collection. Will actively search out other works by the same author.
- A Dirty Job****
- American Rust****
- Be Near Me***
- Black and Blue****
- Good Omens****
- Northanger Abbey****
- One True Thing***
- Practical Demonkeeping****
- Rise and Shine****
- Such a Long Journey***
- The Blue Notebook****
- The Kite Runner****
- The Magician’s Assistant****
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd***
- The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup and a Spool of Thread*****
- A Supremely Bad Idea: Three Mad Birders and Their Quest to See It All***
- Billions & Billions: Thoughts on Life and Death at the Brink of the Millennium*****
- Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct****
- Connection Parenting: Parenting Through Connection Instead of Coercion, Through Love Instead of Fear***
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline: The 7 Basic Skills for Turning Conflict Into Cooperation***
- Food Matters: A Guide to Conscious Eating*****
- Free-Range Kids: Giving Our Children the Freedom We Had Without Going Nuts with Worry*****
- Hands of My Father: A Hearing Boy, His Deaf Parents, and the Language of Love*****
- How to Get Your Child to Eat (But Not Too Much)***
- In Defense Of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto*****
- Local Wonders: Seasons in the Bohemian Alps*****
- Only Child: Writer on the Singular Joys and Solitary Sorrows of Growing Up Solo***
- Protecting the Gift: Keeping Children and Teenagers Safe (and Parents Sane)*****
- Small-Batch Baking****
- The Highly Intuitive Child: A Guide to Understanding and Parenting Unusually Sensitive and Empathic Children***
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals*****
- The Tender Land: A Family Love Story****
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason*****
- You Are Your Child’s First Teacher: What Parents Can Do With and For Their Chlldren from Birth to Age Six***